FRACTURE HEALING

Like healing of soft tissue wounds, healing of fracture is very similar, except the end result is mineralised mesenchymal tissue ( bone).
Healing of a fracure begins as soon as it is broken through a continous stages of healing.

                          Stages of fracure healing of cortical bone (FROST, 1989)

1. Stage of haematoma
2. Stage of granulation tissue
3. Stage of callus
4. Stage of remodelling
5. Stage of modelling



Stage of haematoma:

  • last upto 7 days
  • fracture end necrosis occurs
  • sensitisation of precurser cells
Stage of granulation tissue:

  • upto 2-3 weeks
  • proliferation and differentiation of daughter cells into vessels, fibroblasts, osteoblasts etc
  • fracture still mobile 
 Stage of callus:

  • last upto 4-12 weeks
  • mineralisation of granulation tissue
  • radiologically visible calus
Stage of remodelling:

  • lasts upto 2 years
  • lamellar bone formation 
  • remodelling of callus
  • callus becomes sharply defined and densed
Stage of modelling

  • lasts many years
  • endosteal and periosteal modelling
                                                    Healing of cancellous bone:


  • Union can occur directly between bony surfaces
  • no stage of callus formation




Factors affecting healing

  1. Age: In children fracture heals fast
  2. Sex : no difference in healing
  3. Type of bone: Flat and cancellous bones unite faster
  4. Pattern of fracture: spiral fractures unites faster than oblique fracture
  5. Type of reduction: good apposition results in faster union
  6. Compression of fracture site: compression enhances rate of union

Comments

  1. For many years I suffered from intense back pain which sometimes could not move. I practiced judo for more than 15 years of my life and at the end, back pain took me to all kinds of physical activity. A year ago my pains disappeared after using Doctor James herbal mix medicine thanks to his-natural treatment I found on the internet which anyone can contact him on his Email@drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com. At least his treatment cured me completely. Hopefully it will be helpful for you as it happened with me. Dr. James herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same Backache or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,
    Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / LOTTERY.CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: Or drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com/ +2348152855846

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use eggs. I know we have to go abroad. I was terrified. I didn't know where to go and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended Dr God hands  to me in western Africa  I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country but I well know they have powerful gifts on herbal medicines and I was afraid because of the language barrier. Anyway she convinced me to give a try. She told me that Dr God hands can also cure my prostate cancer which gives me more motivation to give a try to Dr God hands herbal center medicines. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr God hands has reasonable prices which I ordered two four bottles and I drank it as instructed and everything went well. My prostate cancer is gone. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses natural herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. We contacted Dr God hands and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple.  Dr God's hands were so confident and hopeful he projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr God hands herbal Cure . Don’t be afraid and just do it! 
    Dr God hands can cure the following diseases:Sickle Cell,Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Shingles, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s diseaseInsomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,EpilepsyDesmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases,,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Autism,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity,Dementia.,Lyme Disease,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Lupus,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Chronic Diarrhea,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILIS,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Breast CANCER,Lung Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Autism,Brain Cancer,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease,  Doctor God Hands Contact    Email:   doctorgodhands@gmail.com  Or Whats-App Chat : +2349057214220

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog